Monday, October 15, 2007

The Child Crises Center

I recently arranged and attended a tour for the Bank of America at the Child Crises Center (CCC). About a dozen attended. Jackie of CCC did an excellent and compassioned tour. The first time I toured CCC deeply impacted me and this time for no different. My first tour brought me face to face with late night abandoned newborns. This time it was two and three year old little boys who desperately wanted / needed male attention. In less than 30 seconds I had one clutching my pants leg and another with arms up stretched. I picked up one little guy who hugged me and stroked my beard. These little guys desperately need and are starved for attention from men. Jackie said it is difficult to get men to volunteer for this area.

1 comment:

Mrs. Miller said...

Dad, your description of the little boys breaks my heart...