Monday, October 1, 2007

Brother Adriel




This is Adriel Armstrong. One day we were joking around and he referred to me as his Uncle Tom. We both paused for a few seconds while it dawned on us that we might want to choose another family title! Adriel, with that quick agile grin suggested Uncle Thomas. We settled on Brother Tom.

From that first day I saw him pray over his breakfast, Adriel has been a blessing to me. I came to find out he is an ordained minister in the Apostolic Faith church. They are fulllllllllllllllllllllllllll gospel folks. One day he asked about my prayer needs. I explained I could probably employ his service full time. However an area that has plagued me for years is a sleep disorder, insomnia. He took note and we went back to work duties. That evening I worked over to catch up on my assignments. When I walked outside into the triple digit weather Adriel was waiting there to pray for me. He was serious. So right there in the parking lot Adriel took hold of my hands and began to pray. Now I want to assure you that Adriel is not shy about his Christian faith, or as we would say at my church Sovereign Grace, he has no fear of man. For the next five minutes he prayed. Fervently and audible at a 100 yards, he prayed a prayer of faith. I have slept better since that day.

1 comment:

Mrs. Miller said...

This post made me laugh (the Uncle Tom story) and cry (Adriel's faithful fervent prayers). I hope I can meet him next time I'm in Phoenix.