Monday, October 8, 2007

Golfing with Chavez


This is my friend and teaching pro Greg Smith. Greg has got it right when it comes to his approach in teaching golf, but has a ‘60s mentality in his political leanings. He is politically passionate and ultra left wing ala Castro/Chavez. Recently Greg and I made a deal. I would watch his favorite movie Sicko if he would see a movie of my choice, The Passion of Christ. After Sicko we had plenty of discussion. Recently I email Greg with a 20/20 story and articles digging into the authenticity of Moore’s journalism. Greg was very respectful during and after The Passion. He had lots of questions about who the various individuals were represented in the movie and humbly encouraged my commentary during the movie.

Greg has a sincere love and compassion for the individual, who can sometime get chewed up in our system, but as I constantly remind him he just has the wrong gospel. Only the Gospel of Jesus Christ can truly set men free.

No comments: