Monday, September 3, 2007

My Labor Day Morning

What an exciting Labor Day for me. My reading has taken me from Colossians, to allergies caused by newsprint and ink, and, finally, to flushing toilets. Mr. Crapper’s claim to the flush toilette is disputed.

This site claims Sir John Harington in 1596 invented the flush toilet and not Mr. Crapper. I don't want to tell the Seattle Underground Tour folks because it will deprive them of a number of great one-liners. Perhaps the rumor of how we got the term john for a toilette should supplement the Mr. Crapper humor. Anyway, I'm sure my son-in-law Mr. Haupt could enjoy the humor. As for me it is 11:00AM and hot enough outside to go to the driving range.


PS. I'm allergic to newsprint. A google of the internet reveals others have the same problem. I experimented today reading my Wall Street with a breathing mask. It was better but trying to drink coffee is the pits. One site suggested putting the paper in a low heat oven for 20 minutes. I don't know how my lovely wife will handle this and what happens if / when I forget to take it out after the prescribe time. There is always the online subscription approach.

4 comments:

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

you're a die hard WSJ fan for sure...

Welcome to the blogging world Dad! I LOVE the picture!

Mrs. Miller said...

Dad - glad to see you enter the blogosphere!

Simple Joys said...

The lovely wife is wondering what baked newspaper smells like.... certainly not like roast turkey, or a nice piece of beef, or an apple pie. Stay tuned for the further adventures in the Lewis home. :-)

Joyface said...

I never knew what the masks were for. I am glad to see you in blogspot.